With what originally starting out as a passion project between three college students, Safeguard Equipment was founded with the core idea of making the lives of loved ones safer when working around power systems. After hearing the fatality and injury statistics of linemen, Tim Ledford, Brandon Bledsoe, and John Thompson made it their mission to provide a solution to electrocution for those who were at risk.
At Safeguard Equipment our vision is to save lives, give back, and inspire others to innovate in their communities.
Our mission is to innovate in all things safety, be the safety workers’ best friend, bring peace of mind in the workplace and to everyone around them by providing a sixth sense for danger.
- Be Genuine.
- Team Above Self.
- Pursue and Embrace Change.
- Delight the Customer.
- Self-Driven and Self-Starting.
- Invest in Your Community.
Our technology will set a new safety standard for anyone working around power systems. We are proud of our patent pending product Compass™.
- Has a battery life of three days and can be charged conveniently with a USB cord.
- Detects both primary and secondary electricity.
- Adapts to the wearer’s environment to reduce redundant alerts.
- Continuously monitors the environment for both voltage and current.
- Provides proximity detection to inform the user of the level of risk.
- Informs the user of the direction to the nearest threat.
- Detects electric current through most solid surfaces.
- Digital processor which allows system updates and continuous improvement of safety detection.