When using COMPASS Pro, always be aware of potential variables that could affect the accuracy of alerts:
- Warning distances can vary due to a live conductor’s exposed surface area, elevation above ground, and proximity to other grounded conductive objects.
- If the User is walking briskly, this may reduce initial warning distances by approximately two (2) feet.
- Warning distances can be reduced by large conductive objects such as a fence or vehicle, as these objects will attract the electric field of a nearby energized conductor.
- 3-phase systems can hinder detection accuracy by creating electric fields that effectively cancel out their overall field strength. • Humid conditions will reduce detection distance.
- Always verify that COMPASS Pro will function in each work environment before relying on it as a safety device.
- Smart Adaptive Mode should be used only by experienced electrical professionals.