When battery life is low:
- Plug Charger into Micro USB Port: a. One RED LED indicates charging. b. One blinking GREEN LED indicates fully charged.
- Press the button during charging to display the battery level. LEDs on the light bar will turn GREEN, increasing in lights from left to right as the device continues to charge.
- The battery level will also be displayed upon unplugging the device.
- The SOS button and emergency features do not work while charging.
- When plugged into a charger, all existing emergencies
||Press the center button, the COMPASS Pro device will display:
- WHITE start-up animation.
- COMPASS Pro device heartbeat will display with a GREEN or WHITE light flashing every 5 seconds.
||To mute the device:
- Click the primary button quickly (1-second click).
- COMPASS Pro device will beep twice. The corner lights will periodically display RED when the device is in a voltage field.
- The corner lights will periodically display BLUE when the device is in a current field.
- If no field is detected, the LEDs display a regular heartbeat.
- Muting the device will NOT mute the SOS countdown. SOS countdown only be muted in the App Service Settings
To unmute the device:
- Click the main button quickly (1-second click)
- The device will issue 3 quick alerts of increasing lights to indicate that alerts are now on.
To mute the SOS Countdown alerts, visit the service settings in the Safeguard Equipment app. This will silence the SOS countdown while still displaying lights.
- COMPASS Pro device will still beep to indicate whether or not the SOS was sent successfully.
- SOS mute will be saved on the device even after powering down.
Note: All audible alerts, except SOS alerts, will automatically reset when the device is powered off.
|Checking Battery Life
||The battery level is always displayed following the startup animation when the device is first powered on. The battery level is also displayed every time the device wakes up from hibernate mode. To view the battery level at any time, visit the Safeguard App. When 8 hours of battery life remain, the battery level will begin to flash every 30 minutes.
|Manually Change Voltage Settings
||To Manually change Voltage Settings:
- Press and hold the main button until the corner lights turn RED. Release the button at RED lights. VOLTAGE SENSITIVITY
mode will be entered.
- The sensitivity level is indicated by how many RED lights fill the light bar. Click the primary button quickly to cycle through the sensitivities. Smart adaptive is designated by the lights filling and fading from the center out.
- Press and hold the button for 1 second to save the sensitivity. Corner lights will flash WHITE to confirm and
COMPASS Pro will return to normal operation.
Settings: 1-11 LEDs, 1 is the lowest sensitivity, and 11 is the highest.
Smart Adaptive mode: LEDs move in and out.
Voltage settings can be adjusted in the App under COMPASS Pro Settings
||Press and hold for 5 seconds until the COMPASS Pro device plays a shutdown animation
||COMPASS Pro will go into hibernate mode if no motion, no alerts, no settings changes, and no App activity is detected for 10 minutes. This is indicated by WHITE lights fading in and out at both ends of the light bar.
Move the device to wake it from hibernate mode. When the device wakes, the corners will play a WHITE fade-in animation, followed by the battery level.
Bluetooth will disconnect while in hibernate mode, and will automatically reconnect when the device wakes up.
|Auto Shut Off
||The COMPASS Pro will auto shut off after 2 hours of entering hibernate mode. To turn it back on, press either of the two buttons.
- When the device turns back on, it will play the standard WHITE boot animation, followed by the battery level.
- Mute will default back to unmuted.
- There is no animation when auto-shutoff occurs.
||The battery level is displayed every 30 minutes starting approximately 8 hours before the device will shut down.
The battery level will always be displayed in the Safeguard Equipment app.
|Manually Change Current Sensitivity Settings
||To manually change current settings:
- Press and hold the main button until the corner lights turn BLUE. Release the button at BLUE lights. CURRENT SENSITIVITY mode will be entered.
- The sensitivity level is indicated by how many BLUE lights fill the light bar. Click the main button quickly to cycle through the sensitivities. Smart Adaptive Mode is designated by the lights filling and fading from the center out.
- Press and hold the button for 1 second to save the sensitivity. Corner lights will flash WHITE to confirm and COMPASS Pro will return to normal operation.
Settings: 0-11 LEDs, 1 is the lowest sensitivity, and 11 is the highest. 0 BLUE lights indicate that current detection has been deactivated.
Smart Adaptive Mode: BLUE LED lights move in and out.
|Change Voltage Range Sensitivity
||The User can only adjust the voltage range sensitivity under the Device Settings in the Safeguard Equipment App.
|Triggering SOS With Button
||To Trigger an SOS alert use the button on the device:
- Hold the SOS button down for 5 seconds, or until the single ORANGE light completes its journey across the light
- Release the button at the end of the countdown. The corner LEDs will flash ORANGE and WHITE, and the emergency
response team will be notified immediately. Unlike the other emergency triggers, the SOS button does NOT have a 1-minute countdown.
If the SOS button is pressed while the App is not connected to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, the corner lights will blink ORANGE and audio error tone beeps will occur. This tone plays every 2 seconds while the User holds the button.
|Canceling Emergency Alerts
||Emergency countdowns for arc flash alerts, fall alerts, and impact alerts last for 1 minute, during which time the User can choose to cancel the emergency. To do this:
- Hold the main button OR the SOS button down for 2 seconds, during which a single GREEN light will appear and move across the light bar indicating how long the button must be held.
- Release the button after the GREEN light completes the journey across the light bar. The emergency has been canceled.
All emergency events can be canceled on the App at any point in time.