Last Updated: 2022-08-31
- Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, and remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information.
- Country: where Safeguard Equipment or the owners/founders of Safeguard Equipment are based, in this case, the United States.
- Customer: refers to the company, organization, or person that signs up to use the Safeguard Equipment Service to manage relationships with your consumers or service users.
- Device: any internet-connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer, or any other device that can be used to visit Safeguard Equipment and use the Service.
- IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Service: refers to the Safeguard Equipment Compass Pro mobile application, and the websites, application programming interfaces, and other online services provided by Safeguard Equipment that relate to such mobile application.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: Safeguard Equipment’s site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://safeguardequipment.com/.
- You: a person or entity that provides Personal Data to Safeguard Equipment in connection use of the Services.
2. What Personal Data Do We Collect? We collect Personal Data from you when you visit our app, register on our site, place an order, or otherwise submit information via a form within the Service.
- Name / Username
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses
- Job Titles
- Billing Addresses
- Password We also collect Personal Data from mobile devices for a better user experience:
- Location (GPS): Location data helps to create an accurate representation of your interests, and this can be used to bring more targeted and relevant ads to potential customers.
3. When does Safeguard Equipment use end-user Personal Data from third parties? Safeguard Equipment will collect the Personal Data necessary to provide the Service to you. You may voluntarily provide us with the information social media websites have made available on social media websites. If you provide us with any such information, we may collect publicly available information from the social media websites you have indicated. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
4. When does Safeguard Equipment use Personal Data from third parties? We may receive some Personal Data from third parties when you use the Service, such as when your use of the Service requires access to the Google Maps API or otherwise requires the processing of your Personal Data to provide functionality within the Service.
5. Do we share the Personal Data we collect with third parties? We may share the Personal Data that we collect with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share it with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners. If we are involved in a merger, asset sale, or other business reorganization, we may share or transfer your Personal Data to our successors in interest. We may engage trusted third-party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and the app, database storage and management, e-mail management, storage marketing, credit card processing, customer service, and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through the app. We may share your Personal Data with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for you and us.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the app in a shared location, and the type of the device used to visit the app. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the app and provide auditing, research, and reporting for our advertisers and us. See “Exhibit A” to this Agreement, which sets forth the categories of Personal Data Disclosed for a Business Purpose within the preceding 12 months and is incorporated herein and may be updated from time to time. We may also disclose Personal Data to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal processes (including subpoenas), to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules, and regulations.
6. Where and when is Personal Data collected from customers and end users? Safeguard Equipment may collect Personal Data that you submit to us. We may also receive Personal Data about you from third parties as described above.
7. How Do We Use The Personal Data We Collect? Any of the Personal Data we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your Personal Data helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve our Service (we continually strive to improve our Service based on the Personal Data and feedback we receive from you);
- To improve customer service (your Personal Data helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To provide any functionality, including without limitation location-based functionality, within the Service.
8. How Do We Use Your Email Address? By submitting your email address on this app, you agree to receive emails from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking on the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do. By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for customer audience targeting on sites like Facebook, where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communications from us. Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you information and updates pertaining to your order. If, however, you have provided the same email to us through another method, we may use it for any of the purposes stated in this Policy. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
9. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data? We keep your Personal Data only so long as we need it to provide the Service to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your Personal Data with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your Personal Data, and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
10. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data? We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Data when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your Personal Data. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers’ database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) is never kept on file. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to Safeguard Equipment or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
11. Could my Personal Data be transferred to other countries? Safeguard Equipment is incorporated in the United States. Personal Data collected via our website, through direct interactions with you, or from the use of our help services may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or third parties, located throughout the world. It may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including in countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such Personal Data.
12. Is Personal Data that is collected through the Service secure? We take precautions to protect the security of your Personal Data. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your Personal Data. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes, or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your Personal Data, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standard used to measure our compliance with that duty.
13. How Long is my Personal Data Retained? We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
21. Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies Wherever you’re located, you may also set your browser to block cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block our essential cookies and prevent our Service from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilize all its features. You should also be aware that you may also lose some saved information (e.g., saved login details, and site preferences) if you block cookies on your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookies does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser, you should visit your browser’s help menu for more information.
22. Remarketing Services We use remarketing services. What Is Remarketing? In digital marketing, remarketing (or retargeting) is the practice of serving ads across the internet to people who have already visited your website. It allows your company to seem like they’re “following” people around the internet by serving ads on the websites and platforms they use most.
23. Kids’ Privacy We do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that Personal Data from Our servers.
25. Third-Party Services We may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products and services) or provide links to third-party websites or services (“Third-Party Services”). You acknowledge and agree that Safeguard Equipment shall not be responsible for any Third-Party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Safeguard Equipment does not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Services. Third-Party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
26. Tracking Technologies
- Google Maps API
- Local Storage
Local Storage, sometimes known as DOM storage, provides web apps with methods and protocols for storing client-side data. Web storage supports persistent data storage, similar to cookies but with a greatly enhanced capacity and no information stored in the HTTP request header.
The Service uses “Sessions” to identify the areas of our website that you have visited. A Session is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser.
27. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), then you may possess additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (as enacted under the implementing legislation within your applicable jurisdiction) with respect to your Personal Data, including without limitation the following rights:
- Right of Access. A right to understand the nature and extent of how your Personal Data is processed;
- Right to Rectification. A right to request correction of inaccurate Personal Data;
- Right to Erasure. A right to request erasure of Personal Data in some circumstances, commonly referred to as the “Right to be Forgotten”; • Right to Restriction of Processing. A right to limit how your Personal Data is processed;
- Right to Data Portability. A right to receive your Personal Data and transfer it to another controller;
- Right to Object. A right to object to processing of your Personal Data based on your circumstances and a right to object to certain marketing activities; and
- Right to Freedom from Automated Decision-making. A right not to be subject to automated decision-making with respect to certain significant matters. If you are a resident of the EEA, then the following provisions apply:
- Safeguard Equipment will take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. Please contact us if you wish to learn what Personal Data we hold about you or would like to request deletion of your personal data.
- You may bring a complaint directly to us by emailing us at email@example.com. We take all your concerns seriously and will review any written complaints received by us. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding your Personal Data.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
28. California Residents The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to disclose the categories of Personal Data we collect and how we use it, the categories of sources from whom we collect Personal Data, and the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above. We are also required to communicate information about rights California residents have under California law. You may exercise the following rights:
- Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Data we collect, use, or share; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Data are collected or used by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Data; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you.
- Right to Equal Service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
- Right to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account, and we will delete Personal Data about you that we have collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s Personal Data, not sell the consumer’s Personal Data. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us if you would like to exercise any of these rights. We do not sell the Personal Data of our users. For more information about these rights, please contact us.
29. California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) The Service does not use or respond to Do Not Track signals or headers.
30. Contact Us Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via Phone Number: 208-773-9263
- Via this Link: https://www.safeguardequipment.com/
- Via this Address: 4202 W Riverbend Ave, Post Falls, ID 83854
|Service Providers||Business Purpose||Personal Data|
|Firebase||Data Storage & Server Hosting, User authentication||All categories of Personal Data noted above|
|Google Maps API||Location accuracy for app functionality||All categories of Personal Data noted above|